Detailed Product Description:
Comes in white crystalline beads. Strong base. Absorbs water
and carbon dioxide from the air. Soluble in water, alcohol and glycerol.
This is the single most important caustic in commercial use. It is commonly
used as a neutralizing agent in petroleum refining making it currently popular
in biodiesel applications. Also used in the manufacture of soaps, candles
and even in metal etching and electroplating.
This is ACS Reagent grade material with a minimum purity of 99.8%
Toxic by ingestion and inhalation. Corrosive to tissue in presence of
moisture. Strong irritant to tissue (eyes, skin, mucous membranes).
Click here to download copy of MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet)
Comes packed in HDPE bottles.
Special Notice About This Product:
Recently this product has become popular as a precursor for the formulation
of illicit drugs. Once commonly available off the shelf at most hardware
stores, many municipalities have pulled it from the shelves and no longer
make it available. We have it available for industrial and analytical applications
but since we have no control over how it is used, we must have you read and accept
the terms of the waiver of liability that appears below.
Waiver of Liability:
In purchasing this product you are asserting that you are:
- at least 21 years of age.
- not procuring this substance for production of illegal drugs, explosives or for other illegal activities.
- not providing or making this substance available to anyone so that it can be used in a manner that would be illegal, explosive or considered a dangerous activity.
- fully aware that the substance you are purchasing is considered hazardous and could cause bodily harm.
- assuming all responsibility for its safe use, proper storage, safety and precautions for yourself and any person who may come into contact with the above substance.
- agreeing to be completely and solely responsible for any and all injuries or damage to yourself, others and property associated with the usage of the above substance.
- Agreeing to hold harmless, DGR Industrial Products, Inc. & www.chemical-supermarket.com, their employees or owners, of responsibility for any injuries or damage that results from the use of the above material(s).