Detailed Product Description:
This kit is configured specifically for the neutralization and clean-up
of the average 1-gallon (4-liter) spill of any of the common industrial acids:
- Acetic Acid
- Formic Acid
- Hydriotic Acid
- Hydrobromic Acid
- Hydrochloric Acid
- Nitric Acid (includes white or red fuming grades)
- Perchloric Acid
- Phosphoric Acid
- Sulfuric Acid (including fuming grades)
The neutralizer used in this kit will react with the above-listed acids to
typically render harmless salts, carbon dioxide, and water vapor.
Click here to download list of ionization/neutralization reactions
- 4 ea. 1kg containers of Acid Neutralizer, Type A for common acids
- 1 pair, splash goggles
- 1 pair, nitrile gloves
- 6 ea. heavy duty disposal bags, 14” x 20” x 4 mil, with Ty-Rap seals
- 3 ea. plastic scrapers—assorted sizes
- 1 ea. large plastic scoop with brush
- 1 ea. large sponge for residue clean-ups
- 1 ea. Technical Process Bulletin—Common Acids Spill Clean-up Instructions.
- 1 ea. Pack, pH test strips
A complete neutralization/clean-up instruction (Technical Process Bulletin)
on a laminated card is included in the kit.
Click here to download the text of the Technical Process Bulletin
This kit is not for use with Hydrofluoric acid. Due to the unique hazards
associated with HF, use our HF Spill Kit for that purpose (see link below).
Kit contents comes packed in bright yellow HDPE bucket with sealed lid for